September 05, 2013

Busy Summer

After spending three month working in Frankfurt, I returned home to prepare myself for my herbalist exam.
It will take place on the 13th and 14th of September. For my final project, I decided to dye wool with wildflowers, a very nice and satisfying experience, full of surprises...


In the photo above you can see one of my experiment in dying wool with Corn Poppy flowers...
And I prepared a herbary with 60 pressed flowers. This is the Yellow Sweet Clover (Melilotus officinalis):

And here one of my results with dying wool with Common Horsetail (Equisetum arvense):

The wool on the left is Alpaca, whereas the other ones are simple sock wool (sheep wool).
I'm looking forward to dying wool with garden plants and mushrooms next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment