August 26, 2012

Pasta Workshop

For a while now, I have been thinking about a real pasta machine (not only for Tagliatelle, but for Penne and Rigatoni and such). But at the same time, I recently have been reducing my kitchen staff to the absolute necessary. So I decided  n o t  to buy another item and form instead the pasta by hand.



I decided to make Trofie and Garganelli. The Trofie pasta I made with special flower from Italy ("Semola di grano duro rimacinata") and water only (and some Olive oil).
And because of the fine weather, I did all the work on the terrace in the garden.



The Garganelli dough I made with flour and eggs and I formed them with the help of that grooved, wooden board you can see in the first image.


They look similar to Rigatoni and are the same size, too. So it really isn't necessary to buy a professsional pasta machine...only  d o n 't  ask me how long it takes to form the pasta by hand...But if you do that once a week, the skill level will rise, I suppose.

After all the work, I decided to have a cup of tea and enjoy my garden.





No comments:

Post a Comment